Join our team of committed and dedicated associates!
Who is CDC Federal Credit Union?
CDC Federal Credit Union is proud of our 60+ years’ heritage and reputation built on a solid foundation in the communities we serve. But, we could not be the strong financial institution we are today without the commitment and dedication of our associates.
In order to attract, hire and retain the “best of the best,” we offer an IDEAL Corporate Culture, where associates are valued and respected, and have the opportunity for individual development through experience, achievement and learning. We work diligently to provide a rewarding, challenging and fun (yes, fun) work environment that individuals want to be a part of.
Our competitive salaries and attractive benefits package demonstrate our commitment and appreciation to our team members.
Who do we want for team members?
CDC Federal Credit Union wants team members who are energetic and passionate about providing exemplary service at all times and at all touch points. Being an exemplary service provider means team members are friendly, courteous, excellent listeners, good communicators, have a thirst for learning, always sharing knowledge, looking for better ways to serve our members, and building professional relationships with our members, one member at a time.
And because it’s important for us to give back to the communities we serve, we encourage associates to participate in charitable organizations, sponsorships and community initiatives through our “Because We Care” program.
WOW, how do I apply?
If you possess our core values of: Respect, Exemplary, Accountability, Leadership, Teamwork, Integrity and Excellent Service please look at our current opportunities below and apply today.
To apply, please click "Apply Online" below to upload your resume, complete an application, and a few short assessments.
Position Title: Teller I
PURPOSE: Assist members by handling all transactions while cross-selling products. Provide exemplary service at all touch points exhibiting CDC FCU’s Core Values, and remembering “Members First”; follow service standards
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SALES & SERVICE
- Acknowledge members as they enter the branch; thank them for their business
- Actively engage in taking a genuine interest in each member’s relationship with CDC FCU to gain membership trust throughout their financial live stages
- Refer the right credit union products and services that meet each member’s needs
- Support CDC FCU by using credit union products and services in order to be fully educated and have first-hand knowledge of our offerings
- Build relationships by asking probing questions, providing customized solutions, and providing insights and education to prospects and members; refer the right products and services
- Follow Regulation CC Guidelines when opening new accounts with check deposits
- Ensure use of CDC FCU’s CORE system in maintaining cash assigned, received and disbursed
- Process deposits to all accounts
- Process mail transactions as needed
- Disburse cash or cashier’s check withdrawals
- Provide money orders, credit card advances and line of credit advances
- Receive loan payments
- Process transfers between accounts and memberships as requested
- Perform check scanning
- Process night deposit drop transactions
- Process ATM deposit transactions
- Assist members with access to their safe deposit box
- Redeem Savings Bonds
- Provide account information to members
- Accurately balance cash drawer and checks and verify end-of-day check totals
- Immediately report out-of-balance situations to the Team Leader or the AVP in Team Leader’s absence
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Work with Team Leader on special projects as assigned
- Be open to improvement and performance feedback
- Initiate continuous learning/development through internal/external sources; set goals for career growth
- Cross-train in other job-related responsibilities within the retail area
PROFESSIONAL TEAM EFFORT
- Be a team player; help others
- Partner with other departments to solve member problems; share knowledge
- Exhibit professionalism at all times
- Participate in “Because We Care” Program
- Respond to Georgia Credit Union Affiliates “Calls to Action”
- Understand, and adhere to all security guidelines, credit union policies/procedures, moral and ethical principles, and regulatory compliance requirements, i.e., BSA, OFAC, and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to non-public information about our members and CDC FCU
- Recommend process changes for service quality improvement
- Handle all other duties as assigned
In order for a Teller I to continue to develop and progress, it is the expectation that within 6-12 months, the following additional duties will be learned and accurately handled.
- Address changes
- Wire transfer requests
- Stop payment requests
- Check orders
- Names changes
- Reset Internet Banking passwords
- Quote loan payoffs
- Set-up e-statements
- Perform Vault Teller duties
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School diploma; some college preferred
- Sales experience in a similar capacity, preferably in a financial institution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong member-service orientation; excellent listening skills – do not interrupt
- Computer proficiency; ability to learn/adapt to branch technologies and operations
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability and flexibility to respond in a changing environment
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Maintain a professional appearance in accordance with CDC FCU’s dress code
- Bondable and have no felony convictions
- Physically capable of performing assigned responsibilities; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Application and assessment link below: