Our team is made up of a diverse group of people who share the same passion for helping members achieve the financial health they desire and deserve. In return, we offer associates a challenging and rewarding work environment. With over 70 years of serving the health and life sciences community, today we remain committed to the core values of respect, accountability, leadership, teamwork, and integrity in all that we do.
If you're passionate about these values, and seek to join a high-performing team, we would love to hear from you. To apply for the positions listed below please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDC Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer competitive salaries along with a benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, basic life/AD&D insurance, paid annual, sick and birthday leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans and company matching. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program and an uplifting work environment. Browse our open positions below and apply online to join the team.
Responsible for all duties related to the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, as well as reconciling various general ledger accounts. Contribute to the achievement of CDC Federal Credit Union's Strategic Goals by performing work accurately and timely.
- Pull and validate the Daily Subledger Balancing report to ensure all cash boxes are cleared, teller outages are explained, official items accounted for, and all outages between the GL and DNA extracts can be explained.
- Ensure that the AIRES file outages can be explained to the NCUA.
- Complete the reconciliation of Vault cash, and validate member transactions on the Check Free reports on a daily basis
- Handle duties related to the AP and AR function; process accounts payable at least weekly (Ideally twice a week)
- Track and reconcile Credit Union payments. Including invoices, statements, checks, ACHs, etc., ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Pull Detailed Trial Balance reports on a regular basis to support the financial statements monthly and the 5300 Call Report on a quarterly basis.
- Produce initial financial statements for the monthly review process. This will include answering all questions that are posed by the executive management team until the books are closed.
- Reconcile and post entries for the impermissible investments that include the Charitable Donation Account, Corporate Owned Life Insurance, and Split Dollar plans, and 457-F.
- Create and post all month-end entries to Building Depreciation, FF&E Depreciation, Depreciation on Software, and all Prepaid accounts.
- Research AP payment histories and AR cash application in order to begin compiling a log of all accounts payable and accounts receivable that reoccur on an on-going basis
- Compile custom reports as requested
- Reconcile various GL accounts and prepare daily entries
- Clearly communicate outages to the Accounting Manager and affected Accounting associates. Determine what needs to be communicated to other affected associates and offer guidance to prevent future discrepancies
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Two years' experience in reconciliations at a financial institution or one year prior experience with CDC Federal Credit Union
- Strong data entry skills; perform work with accuracy and good judgment
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and software; proficient in Excel
Manage accounting functions and preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. Formulate and administer approved accounting practices through the credit union to ensure that financial operating reports accurately reflect the conditions of the business and provided reliable information to control operations.
- Accurately produce monthly and quarterly reports
- Perform the Daily Interface for FI-Serv GL
- Compute and record monthly CL & D Premiums
- Produce Comparative BS, IS, Avg BS Bals and Monthly Change BS
- Accurately record all Credit Union Associate related Payroll entries
- Produce all monthly Accounting Accruals, including any reversing entries
- Prepare Fixed Asset and Prepaid monthly entries
- Record Associate Expense Reports, monthly Bond Accounting Entries and Reports and all Post EOM and "one-off" entries (i.e., FR 2900, GRMA fees, etc.)
- Prepare Call Report Quarterly
- Manage all Accounting aspects of Prologue
- Prepare all required Board, Committee and Analysis type reports (including BSA, Vendor Due Diligence, ALLL as required)
- Calculate, analyze, and post monthly investment portfolio entries and ensure they tie out to safekeeper reports.
- Ensure FTN Financial system has been updated each month with all new purchases and sales of investments.
- Prepare annual budget and all necessary reports that are required for monthly and quarterly analysis
- Create and maintain monthly forecast in Asset/Liability Management (ALM) system
- Produce monthly reports for Asset/Liability Management Committee (ALCO) meetings that include Net Economic Value (NEV) and Net Income Simulation (NIS)
- Conduct quarterly review of Allowance for Loan Loss account
- Be able to analyze and provide recommendations on needed changes to general ledger chart of accounts so that the institution can do proper forecasting, budgeting, and product analysis
- Oversee creation and monthly analysis of credit unions cash flow report
- Ensure daily cash management needs of the credit union are met by maintaining proper balances at Catalyst Corp and FTN Financial
- Establish clearly defined position objectives, job duties and performance expectations for each associate in the department. Assess associate performance measured against objectives and expectations
- Monitor, coach, and counsel in accordance with CDCFCU's policies, procedures, and compliance with applicable laws
- Interview/hire/train; and address complaints/resolving problems
Education/Knowledge/Skills & Abilities
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Two to five years previous management experience in a bank or credit union preferred.
- Able to make quick decisions; strong organization; multi-tasker
- Possess critical thinking skills; analytical and mathematical
- Possess strong team-building skills; have ability to motivate others toward common goals
- Computer proficiency; ability to learn and adapt to new technologies relevant to all areas of operation